Should PD be wiped?

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

princeuda33
How do I attack?

Post by princeuda33 »

as most of u know jamaal im tryin to come back i play reg and pd my guy on pd is still alive and i like pd and my opinion is it shouldnt be wiped not even reg...
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

that guy wrote:as most of u know jamaal im tryin to come back i play reg and pd my guy on pd is still alive and i like pd and my opinion is it shouldnt be wiped not even reg...
Double post! and...what?
Lenocium est non facile.
ion
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by ion »

As a dedicated PD player i do not want to see a wipe. I currently hold #4 but i will be making a run at 3 soon. :D
Can someone buy me a res stone?
j0int
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by j0int »

i acualy think pd should be wiped and wiped once a year and the top ten players should get some kind of prize

i think that would majorly increase the ammount of people playing pd
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

You obviously dont know the EUO player base. Thats completely opposite of what is true.
Lenocium est non facile.
Avarkx
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Re: Should PD be wiped?

Post by Avarkx »

If rez stones / paid resurrections are indeed the apparent problem with PD ( actually new player here, so I don't know what the old systems were like ), could those mechanics themselves be altered? The PD system is like Nethack Ultimate to me right now ( Current iteration, AvarkxVII, probably VIII by tomorrow morning hahaha ), and while there doesn't seem to be a unanimous vote for the red button reset, maybe just altering the power of the resurrections could restore some of the perceived character balance issues being mentioned here. Should I ever get to a point where I find myself "remorting," I expect to find it reduces my stats by 2/3 - Why not have a paid resurrection or stones perform a similar consequences, like 2/3 of your level, rounded up? That sort of thing might maintain the serious consequences of death without having to lose -everything-, but also restore some of the potential for competitiveness on the scoreboard. The monthly ladder is plenty hilarious enough for me right now as I don't fully expect to keep a single character alive for a week, much less an entire month, but it seems to me the consensus is that PD lacks competition due to high levels being too high and paying to stay that way. Could be a kinda-middlegroundish-maybe solution anyway.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Avarkx wrote:If rez stones / paid resurrections are indeed the apparent problem with PD ( actually new player here, so I don't know what the old systems were like ), could those mechanics themselves be altered? The PD system is like Nethack Ultimate to me right now ( Current iteration, AvarkxVII, probably VIII by tomorrow morning hahaha ), and while there doesn't seem to be a unanimous vote for the red button reset, maybe just altering the power of the resurrections could restore some of the perceived character balance issues being mentioned here. Should I ever get to a point where I find myself "remorting," I expect to find it reduces my stats by 2/3 - Why not have a paid resurrection or stones perform a similar consequences, like 2/3 of your level, rounded up? That sort of thing might maintain the serious consequences of death without having to lose -everything-, but also restore some of the potential for competitiveness on the scoreboard. The monthly ladder is plenty hilarious enough for me right now as I don't fully expect to keep a single character alive for a week, much less an entire month, but it seems to me the consensus is that PD lacks competition due to high levels being too high and paying to stay that way. Could be a kinda-middlegroundish-maybe solution anyway.
When PD was launched, it used Maeondir as the base continent (it didn't have any of the caves or buildings which are now present) . There were only one town by then, Izumi, with all the necessary merchants. The gameplay was quite hectic, and there were certainly no res stones or ability to get ressed. After a while eggmceye changed PD to use the reg server's continent as base, and if I recall correctly new characters got 3 res stones to start with and res stones could drop from bosses, and they were not soulbound.

The problem, as I see it, is the fact that there is no real death. I myself own a high char and I'm not proposing a wipe for reasons such as I'm jealous about the top 3 ladder guys.

I'm against pd wipe at the moment, because the new ladder system (and the races) gives us a reason to make new chars and try new tactics, and if you die, you're out from the ladder.

My opinion is, there should be a new server for the ladder chars (I know hosting isn't free :cry: ) and the winner could have the choice to migrate to the "regular PD". This system would eliminate powerleveling, item transfering (I'm myself guilty of that :cry: ) and some other things. This would mean you'd really have to start over. Surely, there is nothing funnier than grinding 60k cash for the furniture quest :uhh: .

Just my 2 euroes again, as usual. :chill:

:uhh:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Luxorious wrote:
Just my 2 euroes again, as usual. :chill:

:uhh:
The saying goes "Just my two cents" bud, so heres mine.

As for the wipe, I think it is a ridiculous idea considering how much time, let alone money, the top players have put in to get to such a high level. But I do agree there should be some sort of penalty for dieing even if you have a stone, something monetary or exp wise, like reseting your exp back 2 levels, so to level once you would have to gain twice the exp for that level or 3x if you die twice at the level. Maybe you would lose your merchant and stock as well when you die with a res stone.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

who the hell resurrected this thread :mad: