NG Experience Multiplier

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Pythian
Posting from my ass computer.

NG Experience Multiplier

Post by Pythian »

Just a thought. Maybe to help give XP more of a role in NG, and have the EXTREMELY slow stat gain get a little help, we could have a stat gain multiplier added in.

Something like-

If stat gain speed is 1, then for every 1,000,000 xp you gain, you get a 1.01 multiplier to it.
So, from then on, you would gain stats at 1.01 times the speed you would normally gain stats.

Of course there would have to be a max to it, something like a 1.50 or a 2.00 stat gain max, too keep people from having a 100x multiplier or something similar LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

Any thoughts?
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

Do you mean x*1.01^(mlns_of_exp) or rather x*(1+mlns_of_exp*0.01) [x is the basic rate of stat gaining]?
It's about 60 mlns of xp for level 200 on reg, so with that much xp you'd get about 1.82 rate in a first case and 1.6 in the second, wouldn't that be even too low for a profit given 'no-grinding' conditions?
Foul beast approaches?!
Pythian

Post by Pythian »

Let me clarify, the EXACT numbers will have to be figured out at a later time, I am just throwing out the general Idea, not the exact figures of said idea.

And I was thinking something like-
XP mark (being a set given amount that is decided later, and you either have X, 2X, 3X, etc, you don't get points for being half way to the mark :P) = X
Stat Gain = G

G=1+(X*0.01)

So basically, the second one you posted.

(And yea, I know I threw in a couple of unneeded variables, as well as unneeded Parentheses, and an equal sign, but thats how I do my math :P)

Also, I believe that NG follows the PD XP list, because my fighter/rogue who only has fought minos, has over 3 mil xp :P Which makes 1 mil a possible variable.
Another thing, try out NG now adays, and you will see that 'no-grinding' doesn't come into play with the current stat gain, this Idea will hopefully re-adjust that.
www.methosk.com
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Not to open a kettle of worms in a previously useful thread, but how is the drop rate on NG?

If you have been killing so many minos and such, it should follow that you are limited to +10 stat and +2/3 nv, def, mr gear.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Pythian

Post by Pythian »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, I have been killing minos (I am just recently venturing on into killing reds, blues and whites solo tho) because it takes so long to get your stats up, thats about all I could kill solo.
Anyways, the drop rate seams fairly reasonable. I have mainly +9 stat gear, and +1 vamp rondels (had to craft em myself).

Why do you ask?
www.methosk.com
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Rather than some bonus from xp, stat gain formula needs to be rewritten so that it works properly beyond 100 pts in a stat.
Pythian

Post by Pythian »

eggmceye wrote:Rather than some bonus from xp, stat gain formula needs to be rewritten so that it works properly beyond 100 pts in a stat.
Thx :)
www.methosk.com
Backstabb
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Backstabb »

Does anyone else play NG hardcore?
Regular
---------------------

Columbus---------> 53

Backstabb---------> 29

Canaan------------> 32

Permant Death
----------------------
SirVerrath--------->56
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Nope - not for awhile...

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

I just stated back playing about 4 days ago. :D Come join please LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON it gets LONELY!