remort bug/feature question

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Dom
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Dom »

Might be a feature but..
On PD, if one levels up past level 75 without remorting, the stats stack up without a penalty. When the player actually does remort, it brings them back to level 1 - quick xp again.

In essence, it makes the xp curve easier to get past level 200 if they remort later.

fix: When remorting and above level 75, add the extra xp made above level 75 to the players total xp without giving them levels for it - big penalty. Or just keep dividing the total stats gained by 3. Or whatever.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Dom wrote:Might be a feature but..
On PD, if one levels up past level 75 without remorting, the stats stack up without a penalty. When the player actually does remort, it brings them back to level 1 - quick xp again.

In essence, it makes the xp curve easier to get past level 200 if they remort later.

fix: When remorting and above level 75, add the extra xp made above level 75 to the players total xp without giving them levels for it - big penalty. Or just keep dividing the total stats gained by 3. Or whatever.
is this really a bug or a feature? pd players discuss
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

I would have to get a new alt and remort him after a few lvls to see. I dont think it would be anything too buggy. The way I see it, it would be exactly the same as going after gobbies post-remort. Like I said, I will make a new char and try and remort him.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Well if you don't remort at level 75 it will take longer to gain levels and the same amount of xp would leave you at a lower level than if you imediately remorted at level 75 so I imagine that in the long run it probably doesn't realy help to much.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

agreed, Serendipity ended up dying and I really dont want to get another char to remort. An easy way to test this would be if egg made a char and gave it enough exp to get to remort then lvled a bit.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

If you remorted at level 75 you'd reach, say, level 100 quicker and have more stats than if you waited for level 100 to remort, because you'd only lose 2/3 of the stats you have at level 75 as opposed to losing 2/3 of the stats you have at level 100.
Dom
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Dom »

Stinger: That would make sense, except that you don't lose 2/3 of the stats at level 100. the stats gained after level 75 stack up without the 2/3 penalty.

Bugbo: That's right, until the player gets to level 150. After that xp curve hits them harder than if they waited to remort. If say, crusher remorted at level 400 then he could have had another 100 levels or so *guesstimate*

Basically, this feature/bug could be a strategy for the player try and choose what type of character they want. Wait longer and get a better character later
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

I say egg puts a message in at lvl 75 saying you can remort. And take out remort after 75, up to 50% to lvl 76. So if someone were to be power lvled and have 50%, with out noticing, to lvl 76 right at remort they would still get about 7 lvls. Just me though.
Rikimaru