Talisman quest broken?

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Talisman quest broken?

Post by Flamesoffire »

Ok for some time now that talisman quest pretty much hasnt been working. For about the past 3-4 days no one has been able to pick up the talisman. From what i have heard multiple people have tryed but none have gotten it as of yet. I was just wondering if something was broken or if some noob tryed to get it and died and it wont let someone else pick it up etc etc...Well...Thats about it...

=D

Thanks for your time...Those who are going to read this anyway...

-FlamesOfFire
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
lordofdragon666
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by lordofdragon666 »

yeah i noticed that it wasnt working i just figured that someone died and yeah so would be nice if it was reset
lordofdragon666
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Not just that one; Sam's hammer isn't working right atm either. I haven't tried COWWY cheese. Probably some misplaced coding.
ZUPS!!!!
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

The book on the ship in the Underworld can't be picked up either.

Looks like any quest that spawns an item on the map (as opposed to quest items dropped by bosses) is broken
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

Gulnar wrote:Looks like any quest that spawns an item on the map (as opposed to quest items dropped by bosses) is broken
Does seem that way. I've tried Sam's Hammer, and I can't pick it up, and I spent a good 30 minutes trying to help a newbie get the Eye of Katorina the other day, before giving up and hoping it might reset.
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

Eye of Katorina has worked today when I tried it, talisman still is broken.
Foul beast approaches?!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I think the prob is the item is spawned (with a decay time), the map unloads, the map reloads but with no decay time, and in the mean time the owner of the item (quest initiator) has lost interest in getting the item, so it can't be picked up. Lookin at a fix now - tho i mite just have to go around and pick the objects up myself in the meantime.

Edit: just checked reg: hammer, book and eye all not there. Cheese is, just checking decay time, etc - wondering what to do with it. Maybe they are just taking ages to decay.

Edit 2: definite bug x.x soulbound items placed with an owner never decay. This was put in to stop ppl dropping res stones on PD so they could transfer them. However it as broken quest items as we can all see. Fix then is to make soulbound quest items decay into nothing rather than decay into no owner.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Put this is the reg bugs, but its a PD issue (maybe). Mages' quest 'explore the seers' isn't triggering for some reason ~ no idea if its linked to this or not (?)

Rest are working fine.

[edit]

Might be because I did newt's quests first (which also work on tile triggers) and thus need to find Timmy first. I'll try and finish Timmy & see if it allows mages' quests.
Last edited by Catherine on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Aye, I just did virgils "enter the temple" and it doesnt want to trigger. I activated it twice. IDK.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

OK, I have done a few quests now that require the auto trigger to finish. I did the save path for the silver potion, and when I go into the cellar nothing happens. I also have done the Seers Tower from virgil, gone all the way in, and out twice activating the quest both times and nothing happens. I can bypass the save by killing Tegen, no biggie. But I wont be able to get the VF or XC tomes if the tower quest isnt fixed. IDK, if they are fine and I am just missing something please let me know. Otherwise Im going to just go kill tegen and lvl some more.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Catherine wrote:Might be because I did newt's quests first (which also work on tile triggers) and thus need to find Timmy first. I'll try and finish Timmy & see if it allows mages' quests.
Timmy quest works? I'm not aware of anybody who's completed it in the time I've been playing. Now that we've got /aq, I can see that I'm not triggering it. If you can confirm that it works, would you mind PMing me the trigger word? I've tried every single word (i.e., including "me", "I", etc.) in Newt's conversation tree.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Gulnar wrote:
Catherine wrote:Might be because I did newt's quests first (which also work on tile triggers) and thus need to find Timmy first. I'll try and finish Timmy & see if it allows mages' quests.
Timmy quest works? I'm not aware of anybody who's completed it in the time I've been playing. Now that we've got /aq, I can see that I'm not triggering it. If you can confirm that it works, would you mind PMing me the trigger word? I've tried every single word (i.e., including "me", "I", etc.) in Newt's conversation tree.
There's a quest to find Newt's parents, which I know about, but I don't know anything about the quest for Timmy or where he can be found.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I hate Timmy. He's caused me such angst that I'm going to rip him apart when and if I do ever find that little brat. :mad:
ZUPS!!!!