The Guide to PD

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

The Guide to PD

Post by Azalynn »

Okay so this is half made out of frustration of hearing people bitch about losing characters on PD and saying that there is RNG involved in if you survive on PD. First and formost, this is absolutely bullshit, if you die its straight up your fault. Another pet peeve of mine is when people say they die because of connection issues, if youre experiencing lag simply dont play pd or do what i do and simply fight things that you know cannot kill you. (for example i can alt + f4 out of euo and be able to survive the full 10 seconds of combat auto log) I have been around a decent while, and if i can help people get into PD or just straight up get better at it, thats great with me. So, tips for survival inc...

The first thing you need to understand about PD is youre GOING to die. Youre going to die alot before you get it right. Learn from your mistakes. There are too many players who repetitively do the same things to get themselves killed. The longer your around the more assistance youll get from everyone on the server. Its a ton of fun but understand it is PD, youre going to perm a decent amount of times before you get it right.

-Players brand new to PD, play a priest till 75 and for the 75 levels after remort as well. Take the easy route starting out.

-Do not fight hybrids unless you have a stone and even then just acknowledge you may lost that stone. There are so many people who lose characters due to them just going absolutely full retard and not remembering that some of the crazy ass hybrids can VOG, IZH, XC, etc. These things WILL kill you. Another tip for hybrids, if you can barely MR resist the mobs youre fighting, dont even think about going after a hybrid if youre not a fighter. Its just not smart. You will die and that is entirely your fault.

-KOP scrolls are your best friend. Hotkey these fuckers. This method (and hearthstones) are the fail safe in case you do get yourself into trouble. Hit that sucker and get the hell out of there. NOTE: If you're bleeding, KOP/hearthstones will not help you. (if you need the 50k to get your inscription to get to KPY and KOP scrolls just ask, no one is going to tell you no.)

-SL scrolls are pretty great as well but they are NOT entirely fail proof. LOTS of monsters you will be fighting while leveling and at 1k have reveal. Leechers, make sure you have them but understand if you get revealed, its 100% on you.

-Town Portals, make and use them often. Hotkey these suckers as well. If youre going into a pack youve never went against before or are on the MR breakpoint, make a portal and test the waters with a small sample size of the monsters you will be encountering. They will save your life if you use them quickly.

-Understanding MR breakpoints is one of the key things to your success in EUO as a whole, not just PD. Fighters can get away with some more shit than other classes, monks can to a point as well but you shouldnt be fighting anything you cant atleast partially resist. If you have questions about MR tables, ask. 5 seconds of asking global what the MR breakpoint of a heroic fire dragon is can absolutely save your ass. (before someone says it, yes i know there are things that its impossible to resist on a mage with the best gear in the game, well aware. If you are fighting these, chances are this list of tips isnt for you anyway.)

-As for remorting, if you decide to remort (if you dont already have a 1k or arent crazy you should immediately remort at 75) for the love of god go 100 str 25 dex 25 int for every single class. You will hit like a wet noodle either way, give yourself the hp and pick up a greater health scroll (if you need any see me or anyone else we will happily supply you with a couple hundred) and take it slow, go back to goblins, orcs, etc. If youre leeching off someone, this is the easiest point for you to die at, your weakest point. If you get hit at all your dead. Understand that this is an extremely vulnerable time and be cautious for a while.

-Healing or piety, train these. Your survival is completely dependent on you being able to handle things like bleeding and poison. If you die to these effects its simply because you were negligent in other areas to improve your rate of survival.

-Taming can help you a shitload early. If youre going to start taming, DO NOT start it within the first 50 levels. You can train it between 50-remort just fine just be cautious, there are plenty of guides here on the fourms and in the manual to help you get through that. That being said, since after you remort you only have 150 stats to work with you shouldnt do it after you remort either, get back to level 150 or something before you start (or continue) to train taming. Dragons are also fantastic for stone farming, take advantage of this.

-Hunting with out a stone is the single dumbest thing you can do. Stick with mobs you can fully resist or even go the ultra safe route and murder the fuck out of goblins and rats till you find one. They arent that rare, get your lazy ass out of the group thats carrying your trash ass and go farm a damn stone. There is nothing more frustrating than someone blaming their death on you because they decided to leech off of you without a stone. Every higher level carry will agree, its your fault.

-On that note, getting carried is a privilege not a right. If someone happens to invite you along, great, free xp is always welcome. Generally all 1ks are totally down to carry you since generally we are item farming but understand, if you die because we hide or you get the wrong end of a vog because youre standing too close, thats on you buddy. XP range is pretty large and for sure can be out of VOG/Acid Wind range, back the fuck up.

-Once again on the leeching side of things, you probably shouldnt fully trust anyone on PD. Understand that if we hide because our ass is getting wrecked and youre not hidden (or they decide to be a dick and hide to intentionally get you killed) youre fucked and no ones going to have sympathy for you. Its shitty but you need to understand that you had to of done something to piss them off, creating a contentious environment, do yourself a favor and dont mess with it. Get your lazy ass out there and farm what you can for your level instead of leeching.

-At some point in your PD time, sudden becoming lycan because you failed to cure it when you just pulled a mob, IS going to kill you. Cure that shit, also its just really annoying having to put your gear back on after every wolf night, do what you need to do to cure it. If you need help getting stuff for it just ask.

-Chests. Just........dont. If youre not a rogue, just dont. Chances are, its going to 1 shot you or youre going to be grinding on your lotl and you open a chest and choke to death.

-Use your whole class kit. On PD there are situations where youre going to need to use things that you may never end up using on the other servers. Monks, mirror images early and often also you CAN hearthstone while in stoneform, this will save yourself a stone. Rogues, use your stealth to your advantage. Priests, detect traps and curses are one of the most powerful things in PD especially for LotL. FIghters, use thunderclap more often than you normally would, aoe stun is insane. Mages, use AEP, as you get higher the hold on the monsters can last 5+ seconds, it can buy you the time you need. Necros, use your summons, they are super useful and scale with your LEVEL, they will always be relevant. Also, bone armor is insane on PD, take advantage of it.

-Treat everything in the game that has XC, has a high probability to kill you. Dont be hanging out around with less than half life guessing you can survive another XC. Youre going to die.

-Be prepared to bail the fuck out of a situation if need be. Live to fight another day. Find something else to farm.

-If fighting in a party, dont give in to your party members bad ideas. If there is a hybrid assume it has sleep wind and chain lightning, dont run up to get together. Come up with a plan before hand and go for it but take note, its risky. If you decide to go gun ho with your mage friend and it vogs and you both instantly are sub 25% health, you fucked up. Dont be that guy.

-Dont ask the higher end player base for gear. Generally, we will look at you and just give away gear to you. We do it all the time. Its one thing if we just offer it up to you, dont ask. Side note: If we see you regularly, youre more likely to get better gear from us. Do not be that guy that dies 6 times in a day and we give you gear each time, we are eventually going to not be so nice, we are just throwing away gear at that point.

This will be an ongoing list and i encourage people to add to this and help people survive. I love PD. I know most the guys who i associate with immediately on the PD server also love PD. We will gladly help you with what we can. Come hang out, some have some fun, top that damn scoreboard! I hope this was relatively helpful.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
XxMikexX
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: The Guide to PD

Post by XxMikexX »

Thanks for this guide. I do have connection issues so running into PD is always a heart pumping experience but its very helpful people who helped me get started.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

TL;DR
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt »

EmoMage wrote:TL;DR
don't die
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Kynt wrote:
EmoMage wrote:TL;DR
don't die
X-D I think I'm good. If I die, I die. It'll piss me off, but I always come back... always. ;)
eggmceye wrote:

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Good read. Is blue dragon sandwich and 100%hp the only way to guarantee survival from a chest zap?

Also re hybrids ... They are indicative of how much of a wild west euo is, considering how open they are (something like 3 or 4x?)
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:Good read. Is blue dragon sandwich and 100%hp the only way to guarantee survival from a chest zap?
yep. :D
eggmceye wrote:

Shino
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Shino »

EmoMage wrote:
eggmceye wrote:Good read. Is blue dragon sandwich and 100%hp the only way to guarantee survival from a chest zap?
yep. :D

Somehow i have this feeling that someone has died of chest zap even with blue dragginz lightning resistance, so i personally dont open trapped chests without rogue :D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

fly away troll :fp: LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote:Also re hybrids ... They are indicative of how much of a wild west euo is, considering how open they are (something like 3 or 4x?)
Yeah they dont fuck around, if you get a decently mixed hybrid with good spells even for a 1k it becomes a pretty volatile situation fast. Espeically shadow dragons since you cant resist a heroic shadow in the first place. Enjoy getting xc'd for 2k+, add sleep on that and enjoy digging your own grave. haha
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Them zorns hybrids are almost unrecognizable... BEware!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Ha
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Good guide, tho I'd throw in my two cents:
-Healing or piety, train these. Your survival is completely dependent on you being able to handle things like bleeding and poison. If you die to these effects its simply because you were negligent in other areas to improve your rate of survival.
I'd say more specifically: Mani is great spell which increases your survival chances. You need to have one good piece of vigour equipment (or two worse vig items), 50 mana and at least 39% Piety skill. If you are melee oriented class (fighter, priest, monk, rogue) you can use it in middle of combat. Watch out on monsters with IJO, they can deplete your mana quickly, which leaves you without healing (and it's easy to miss in middle of combat heat).
Chests. Just........dont. If youre not a rogue, just dont. Chances are, its going to 1 shot you or youre going to be grinding on your lotl and you open a chest and choke to death.
It's quite obvious, but it's worth pointing out, that you should avoid only trapped chests :smile: If you have enough piety skill, Wis Jux spell lets you avoid trapped chests. Chests often have decent items/gold/crafting ingredients, so it's worth hutning for those safe ones.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1K + no remort?

Man that is crazy. So crazy its outta control.
ZUPS!!!!
Omnidescent
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Omnidescent »

I'd like to add that people should get a house ASAP to store any hotass item they find and wanna save for later + saving stuff in general, housed items are safe and transferable to other characters.

Oh, and gold shouldn't be a problem if you know the ol' decon trick.

In general, great guide, you literally pointed out most of the things I keep saying to new PD players. :lesson: